I quickly got discouraged when I saw how many teenagers were there and they were all in their track uniforms. Damn. They were practicing...a lot of them were already all sweaty and I was like, Jeez. You know that feeling?
So, we stood around for a while. I just wanted to go ahead and get it over with. I run 4 or 5 miles on a daily basis now, so I went into this not worried about "a stupid 5K". Well, the more I stood around the more nervous I started getting and I'm thinking about my stupid bladder, my stupid colon, etc, etc....do I want my sunglasses? Maybe not...maybe...maybe not. Eh. Let's just do this already.
There is a table set up with trophies.....1st, 2nd, and 3rd place overall for female and the same for male. I know I'm not going to win one of these trophies, they are cheap, and I don't know why I care. I also notice all the medals on the table. 1st, 2nd, and 3rd places for all age groups. I start wanting a medal. A stupid cheap metal and I want it.
We get in place. The man from the newspaper takes a picture. They blow the air horn and we are off. Why are these fool ass teenagers taking off like bats out of hell? I learned not to do that at the Tarheel Trot last year. You take off like a bat out of hell, you lose all your gumption real quick. Did these idiots not watch the Olympics? I mean, hell. Even the Olympic gold medalists know to hold back at first and let the thunder and lightnin' loose at the end. Stupid kids.
The first half of this run is nothing. I'm kind of laughing to myself about how I used to feel like I was dying at the end of one mile, or two miles. Now I feel fine. However, here come the hills. Damn.
I know that I'm doing pretty good because the runners in front of me are mostly male. That means that I will probably come in near the front of the girls. I pass several people. There are two girls in front of me that I just can't seem to catch up with. Damn. I mean, that one girl has a pretty big ass and I just can't seem to catch her.
I finally pass one of the girls, but that other girl has a good lead on me. I just can't catch her. I mean, I guess I could...but I'm not trying to kill myself. I just want to finish the race.
I finish the race right after the big-assed girl. I'm pretty proud of myself because I said I wanted to finish this in 35 minutes or less and my time, when they call it out to me, is 32 minutes and some change. I'm saying 32:30 because I don't remember what he told me and, afterall, we are in a podunk town so it was just dude and his stopwatch. 32:30 sounds good.
We stand around forever. Turns out the walkers are still coming in and when they are all in it turns out that one of them is still halfway across town. God bless her heart. She is a little mentally challenged, hangs out at the YMCA all day every single day, and likes to feel like a part of something...so we all wait for her. I feel bad for her, but then again I remember this girl from when I lived in my first home with my parents. She has always been mentally challenged but she is always in town. Like, if I go to the library she is there and wants a ride. If I go to the store she is there and wants a ride. I see her walking in town all the time and she could talk the horns off a billy goat. So. Eh...
While we are waiting, the headache that has been haunting my ass for a week now comes back. We go to the Dollar Tree right next door to the Y and buy some Aleve. Whew. Come to think of it, that headache is back now while I'm typing this.
Well, that last walker never does show up, though they are keeping up with her progress through the various people stationed throughout town. The Peanut Festival is this weekend and there are lots of people in this race that have to either be in the parade, have someone in the parade, or just want to get home before the parade starts so it's time for us to get down to business and do this awards thing.
Turns out that I was 4th overall in the women's. That pisses me off so bad. If I had just dug in and suffered a little more and beat that big-assed girl I would have a stupid cheap trophy. Damn. Damn Damn Damn. Next time, big-assed girl. Next time.
However, I did place 3rd in my age group. However furthermore, Bryan beat me and got 2nd place. Fool never works out at all. I get 20-25 miles logged a week, training for a half marathon, and he beats me. Dammit.
Even moreso got pissed off when we looked at the BMI chart in the Y and I am "overweight" and he is "normal". Bastige never works out, eats what he wants, and is "normal" while I count points, starve to death, run like someone is trying to kill me, and remain "overweight".
Eh. What the hell ever.


6 comments:
WOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
WTG! Bonus on the hardware!!
Very cool, Jen!
OMG Jen! Congrats!!!!!!!!
Oh. And men suck.
AND, don't ya know BMI indexes suck too? You aren't overweight. Obviously.
Congrats!!!! And LMAO at the big-assed girl!
Seriously, I don't know exactly what's in your left hand, but I keep thinking it's a condom.
Post a Comment