I ran 9 miles today. I ran it outside, first of all, and it was my first run outside since June 1. I talked to the Lord several times during this run. And I'm not religious at all. But today, for 2 hours, I was.
I walked the first lap and then ran until I hit 4 miles. At mile 4 I walked a lap and then ran to 6 miles. At mile 6 I walked a lap and then ran until 9 miles. Between mile 6 and 9 I had to walk little spurts twice.
I felt okay during most of it, but my brain kept getting against me. That negative self-talk. It was bad here and there.
I mean, I did the 9 miles, and I ought to be proud of that....but all I can think about is how I have 10 miles next Sunday and this one was so hard. It took me longer than I wanted...but I had to also keep telling myself that I need to ENDURE....not run it in a certain amount of time. So, I ran it slow and steady. Slow most of the time...and every now and then I'd pick up some speed.
I'm still working on running heel to toe. I find that I run on my toes a lot and that I am most comfortable doing that. But I know I'm not supposed to do that so I keep trying to focus on heel to toe.
Like I said, it was a decent run, but I kept talking to myself negatively and I've got to stop doing that. I mean, I'm not racing anyone...it doesn't matter....and why do I care? I do care...but I've got to be nicer to myself when I am running. I ought to be proud of myself that I am running more than a 10K and that it doesn't phase me. Well, it phases me...but you know what I'm saying. Lord, I'm talking in circles.
One thing: I have GOT to get some new shoes. I know these are new, but they have over 200 miles on them. They are not what I thought they would be. I have new blisters on my 2nd and 3rd toes today.
Also, and this is really aggravating, I have these weird "rub" marks under my boobs, on my rib cage, and on the underside of my boobs. Whelp-like, and they hurt. What the hell is that and why? Is this when I need to get the Body Glide?
Man. This all sounds really negative, I know. It was a decent run....I did it....and I'm proud....but good grief I feel like I've been beat down now!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Girl! You need to get Body Glide, yes!
Congrats on the run!
Congrats on the run.
Get yourself some bodyglide. Consider yourself lucky, I got boob rub on the tops of my boobs by the jog bra...it looked like I had two big hickies...attractive no?
Body Glide Body Glide Body Glide!
Also, do you wear a HRM? That chest strap could be the boobage offender.
9 miles is 9 miles no matter how you do it! Positive Energy, it helps!
I would KILL to be able to go 9 miles. Stop beating yourself up or I'll have to smack you around.
If you have a Garmin their chest strap is brutal on chaffing. I also add vaseline on th longer runs to help forgo chaffing. I find baby shampoo during showers is gentle on it once it has occured. okokok let me get to the good stuff!! 9 miles! WTFG chica what in the world are you nervous for a 1/2 about you got that shiz in the bag. keep it up! God and voice of reason always make apperances at my long runs.
Post a Comment