Monday, September 8, 2008

*Biting Nails*


I just signed up for my first half marathon. One year ago I wasn't even running at all. Ever.

I'm scared. But I want to try it. I have the "bug" again. I've never really lost the bug....but now that Fall is here I want to run. Signing up for races keeps me motivated and I talk to so many wonderful ladies every day on the WW boards....they really motivate me.

I may fail miserably, but I want to try. I have been running 5 and 6 miles a day lately. I did 7 on Sunday. Running 3 or 4 miles, to me, anymore, is a short run.

I may fail miserably. But I want to try.

I have a training schedule that Sam sent me. I don't have quite enough weeks to finish it, but a guy at lunch today was talking about how he ran one a few years ago and had never trained at all. I mean, I can try, can't I? The worst that can happen is that I'll have to walk some.

Why am I doing this??? Oh God, I'm really nervous.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh you can DO this! You can totally do this!

Woot!

Yasmin said...

There will be no fail. You, like me, will complete those 13.1 miles even if there is *gasp* walking.

Walking is not failure, walking is recovery!

Just don't skimp on the nutrition.

Pokey said...

DITTO.....walking is not failure!!!

Failure is never even giving it a try ;) Good for you for taking the plunge!!!!!

Kelly said...

You can do anything you set your mind to Jen! You will be fine :)

Al's CL Reviews said...

Go JEN DEN!!!!! You'll do great!

Viv said...

You will not fail! glad you took the leap.