Monday, August 4, 2008

Nothing to Blog About

Yet Hope is stalking me and wants this updated PRONTO.

Let's see. I've been at home for 2 weeks and I've pretty much been busy every day. If I don't actually have work to do I will create it so then I have something to do.

I'm really bored and I want to run really bad. But I can't. I've been walking and I did 5K yesterday on steep incline. I really should be tanning ("should"?) but I don't feel like it. I'm white as a sheet, bloated, and jiggly. Sexaaaaaaaay.

I've been recording oodles and oodles of movies on the Sundance Channel. I love that channel and I am weird in that I like movies with subtitles. Don't know why, I just do.

I've been playing a lot of Rock Band too. I really did think that I was a guitar girl...at least in Michigan I was on guitar. But here, at home, I am the drum girl. I actually think I like drums better. I am the Dave Grohl of Rock Band, I guess. When I am in Nirvana I play drums. When I am in the Foo Fighters I play guitar.

I was the singer on Friday night when Reggie and Greg were here. We ordered another guitar so someone can play bass and we will have a full band. Yes, we are adults. Shut up. It's fun.

I can sing a mean Maps by Yeah Yeah Yeahs. Wait....they don't love you like I love you.....wait....they don't love you like I love you.....

We're going to see Dave Matthews Band on Thursday night in Virginia Beach. Then we leave on Friday morning to spend a week in Arkansas with hubby's parents. Wow. A whole week of REALLY GOOD HOMEMADE FOOD after a MONTH of not really working out. Awesome. And there is no, "Don't eat it, or don't eat a lot, or just stay OP". Come on people. Let's be realistic for once.

At least they have a treadmill I can walk on. I hate walking now. I tried to bamboozle my doctor on the phone the other day and said, "I've been walking like you said I could....and doing really well....I feel like I could just go ahead and run a little..." and she was all like, "NO". Stupid doctors and their stupid medical advice.

Turns out I didn't just have Endometriosis. After the patho report I have been told that I had fibroids and Adenomyosis. The only treatment is a hysterectomy. Weird that I never knew I had Adenomyosis until after I had the hysterectomy, huh?

Buns got her hysterectomy today. Poor baby. I miss her. I will be so glad to go pick her up in the morning. Guess we'll be laid up together. Can dogs take Lortab?

She was supposed to be fixed on August 18, but she went into heat. I was holding her in my lap, then put her down....and saw blood, and ripped my pants off in the middle of the living room thinking I was bleeding. Bleeding after my surgery is BAD...so I got scared. Good thing the blinds were closed and I was home alone, huh?

So, she was bleeding all over everything and my hubby went and bought preemie diapers for her. They didn't fit well unless we used duct tape. She could still get them off. So, he went and bought the next size of diapers. Poor thing couldn't walk right and when she laid on her side her leg was all cocked up in the air because the diapers were all bunched up in her little pup crotch.

So, he bought her some Bitch Britches from Petsmart the next day. Should have done that first but we don't have a Petsmart in my neck of the woods.

She has been wearing Bitch Britches ever since Friday. It's hilarious and she looks like a little monkey wearing them.

When I took her to the vet this morning, she was shaking. I hate that. I took her stuffed hedgehog with her and kissed her thousands of times before I left. I want to go get her NOW!!!!!

Okay...well, those are my thoughts for today. Happy Hope? LOL.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

LOL!

I about peed my pants at little pup crotch. Poor poochy pooch! She'll be home soon.

Have a great time in AK!

Hope said...

Why yes, yes I AM happy.

That's an awful lot for somebody who has nothing to say.

*smooch*

Yasmin said...

Rockband is so addicting it's sad. Before DH et al started mandatory overtime we used to have Rockband parties all the time.

And yes, we are adults too.