I have no gumption, no mojo, no get-up-and-go, no drive, no desire, no motivation, no feeling of pressure, no want, no need, no feeling of need, nothing, none at all, none what-so-ever, when it comes to running.
I ran that 1/2 marathon and now it is like pulling teeth to make myself run.
I am running little to none. I have run probably a total of 15 miles or so since the 1/2 marathon.
Do I suck?
Is this normal?
What is wrong with me?
I hardly even care either. That's the worst part, or I guess it should be the worst part.
I ran 3.5 on Friday and then nothing on Saturday. I had all intentions of running today, but it hasn't happened and now that I'm done putting up Christmas decorations I don't feel like it.
I can't run tomorrow because I have to see patients.
And I'm not justifying anything. I honestly have no desire to run, whereas for about a year now, and especially in the two months leading up to the 1/2 marathon, I had a burning desire in my veins every day to run and run and run some more.
Now? Nothing.
What is up with that? Anybody want to give me some advice? Words of wisdom? What the hell is wrong with me and when will my burning desire to run come back? Because right now I just don't give a flying frack. And I don't want to be like that.
But I'm lazy. And I don't want to run.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Jen, I ran my 1/2 back in September and have had NO desire to run since.
I've been taking it waaaaaay too easy. Yoga/stationary bike/elliptical a tiny bit of strength training.
I think it's pretty common to feel burned out after a big race like that.
Although - at this point I'm pretty sure I'm milking it.
Post a Comment