Sunday, October 26, 2008

This Race Needs to Come the Hell On Already

...because I am tired of training right now. I flat-out didn't want to run today. I'm tired from the weekend. We went to a concert in Norfolk on Friday night (Uh Huh Her!) and I got little to no sleep that night. Then we had another party last night. I didn't really get drunk either night. I drank, trust me, but here lately I just get to a point and I'm like, "That's it! No more!"

I did have fun though. If you have Facebook or Myspace check out the pics.

So anyway, I was scheduled for 14 today. Why run 14 this week and 15 next week when the 1/2 is only 13.1 is beyond me. Whatever.

Long story short, of course the first 2 miles sucked....then I got back into that groove like last week when the running didn't really suck at all. I pretty much breezed through mile 3-10 and then my damn right knee started killing me. I could feel bone rubbing on bone, or so it felt. After 10 years of working in surgery and doing knee arthroscopies on people all the time, I was envisioning all sorts of horror inside that knee.

Also, I have this weird pain in my right groin/lower abdomen/pelvic area that comes up when I run and then it hurts for a day or so afterward whenever I go to lie down or sit back. Again, the OR Nurse in me has diagnosed herself with a right inguinal hernia.

Basically, I quit at mile 11. So, I'm a quitter. What the hell ever. I didn't even want to run today.

I don't know what kind of schedule I will follow when the 1/2 is over....but these long-ass runs on Sunday are welcome to be over at any time....and soon. It takes my whole day to get up, get ready, run, get home and pig out because I'm starving, and then lay around all day. I do plan to keep doing something like 4 days of running a week, something like maybe 3 miles, 4 miles, 5 miles, and then...let's say 8 miles on the long day? I don't know yet. I just don't want to lose my stamina.

I stink.

I also just ate too much food but dammit it was good and I just don't seem to care lately. I know that is bad. I read an interesting blurb in my Entertainment magazine that Cheryl Burke from Dancing With the Stars got blasted in the media for gaining weight. Um, what? Have you seen that chick? She is so not overweight. And she said that it hurt her feelings at first and that she thought about not eating for like 4 days or something but then she said, "You know what? I'm an athlete. I like to work out, and I like to eat. I like to be healthy. So fuck you." Except she didn't say the fuck you part. I just added that because I think she should have said fuck you. Whoever thinks she is fat is a moron.

So anyway, yeah, I need to pay more attention to what I eat. But I am an athlete. And I can say that because of how much I run. I am an athlete. So me and Buns just ate some fries. But Buns is not an athlete. Buns is on a diet.

Whatev.

No comments: