Friday, June 6, 2008

Zooma 10K Pics

So, here are some pictures from Zooma! Sorry, no food baby pictures. I know you are disappointed.

This is the night before, outside of Mangia. Probably talking to my hubby on the phone. Come to think of it, he is the only person I talked to on the phone all weekend. That was nice. I hate the phone.



The next morning we arrived to the stadium bright and early...too bad I was too jacked up to notice how cool it was. That and I kept thinking about the possibility of food babies during the run.



Annapolis is really pretty...again, too bad I didn't spend more time seeing it, what with the nerves and the food poisoning and all.



And here I am, pretending to stretch! Jillian would be mad. Static stretches are for AFTER working out, dammit!



Donut and Ames, before the race...hubba hubba....



Here's a few pictures of the starting line, me taking off, and the rest of the runners.







Me and Ames from the shuttle...probably cursing the whole time.





Here's the bridge that did me in. It's a mean S.O.B. but I ran the whole bastard...



The Holy Grail of every race....WHERE'S THE FINISH!?!?!?!?!?



Here I come!



And I'm spent!!!!! Notice the nostril flaring. Shutty. I needed to breathe.



The end!

5 comments:

Amy said...

Pics and comments are great!!

Yes. I was cursing during that section of the race. I remember.

Viv said...

Great pictures!
The scenery looks beautiful.
congratulations again on the 10K.

Julia said...

*flaring nostrils*

Anonymous said...

You have been tagged - please come to my blog for info. Tankies.

Carly said...

Awesome pictures! Congrats on a great race. That bridge would have killed me.