...because I am bored and don't want to watch TV.
1. I was born in the same hospital where I graduated from Nursing School. I work there now in the room right beside my old dorm room. The dorms were converted into offices.
2. I gag when taking pills. My husband thinks this is hilarious.
3. I ran 5 miles today. Inside of course. Inside until at least October, as a matter of fact.
4. I tend to accept all kinds of people. That sometimes gets me in trouble, but I do it anyway.
5. I'm going to see my brother-in-law's heavy metal band, Rot Gut, again this Thursday. I totally don't like that music. But I support them no matter what.
6. My Mom is the youngest of 9 children. Her mother died when she was 17 and her dad remarried and my step-gramdma (the only grandma I ever knew on that side) had, like, 5 children. My grandpa actually married the woman from the couple that he and my grandma hung out with all the time. After her husband died. Confusing?
7. My Dad is the oldest of 6.
8. Both my Mother and my Father had abusive alcoholic parents. But they didn't play the sympathy card. They both made something of themselves.
9. My parents met in Hawaii, married in New York, and now here we are, in Emporia, Virginia. Thanks, Mom and Dad. (that was meant to be very sarcastic in case you didn't pick up on it).
10. I have so many cousins and aunts and uncles that I can not keep up with them all. I meet a new person at family reunion every year. I have asian cousins, black cousins, hawaiin cousins, gay cousins, and some really weird ass cousins. I'm talking about the "normal" ones right there when I say weird ass.
11. I love animals. I wish I didn't but I do. They break my heart.
12. Did I mention I ran 5 miles today?
13. I hate hate hate hate hate hot weather.
14. I have a lotion fetish. I start putting lotion on right after my bath in the evenings and don't stop until I go to bed. The worst part about the lotion fetish is when I put it on my feet and then put my socks on. Then, in 30 minutes or so, I pull my socks off and put more lotion on. I will wake up in the middle of the night to do this also.
15. I vacuum at least once every day. I love to see the lines in the carpet when I am done.
16. I am a habitual clothes-straightener. I am constantly pulling on my clothes. I don't like that about myself.
17. I say, "You know?" after just about every sentence. I am trying to stop.
18. I start almost every sentence with, "I mean...". That also gets on my nerves.
19. I love celebrity gossip. I wait with baited breath for my US Weekly every Friday. Yes, I know it is crap.
20. I love music. Always have.
21. My current favorite singer is Sia. If you don't know who that is you must go and find out now.
22. I record Days of Our Lives every day and have a marathon on most weekends to catch up.
23. Maggie on Days of Our Lives is from Petersburg where I graduated from Nursing School and now teach. Her sister graduated from the very same Nursing School. Her mother, Edna Crumpler, was my House Mother. Yes, we had House Mothers in 1996. Maggie (real name: Suzanne Rogers) was at the dorm quite often while I lived there. She and her mother would watch the show together in the House Mother's room. Her mother is now living with her in California.
24. I am tired. I ran 5 miles today, after all.
25. I have been married before. That was a mistake.
26. My husband is a nurse. I met him in the Operating Room where I worked for almost 10 years. He was in the Army, then became a nurse, then worked as a Deputy, then as a nurse, now is trying to do the cop thing again.
27. I'm running out of things to say.
28. I'll stop now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
OMG Jen. I love this idea. I think everyone should do it.
WTG on the 5 miles!
I loved the random facts! I am also obsessed with vacuuming. Great job doing the 5 miles...you should be tired.
Love the random fact.
I love this blog post!
I think I'll do random facts too. Good idea!
Why couldn't Mom & Dad settle in Hawaii for goodness sake? Well, then I might not have met you, so thanks Mom & Dad!
Jen it looks like you'd better tag some people with this blog topic. Its a hit! Thanks for sharing the random facts ;-)
Post a Comment