Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Love: noun

A strong affection for another arising out of kinship or personal ties; attraction based on sexual desire; affection and tenderness felt by lovers; affection based on admiration, benevolence, or common interests; warm attachment, enthusiasm, or devotion; a beloved person; unselfish loyal and benevolent concern for the good of another; inspired by affection.

Meet Del Martin and Phyllis Lyon. Lovers for 56 years. Married on June 16, 2008.





We can all only hope to have a love that lasts that long.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Can you imagine?
How wonderful!

Hope said...

50 plus years. Amazing.

Al's CL Reviews said...

You're right! I can only hope to have that long...

Yasmin said...

Wow. That's all I can say.

When I saw the word love and a picture of a cake, I thought you had read my mind, but your post was better than just eating cake.

Delane said...

Dang thats a long time

Tammy said...

Wow! 50+ years, that's awesome.

I think most people never find that kind of love.

Julia said...

I can't imagine. Wonderful that they were able to get married - it's kind of a reward for all those years of dedication to eachother.

Viv said...

To be lovers for that many years is what impresses me.