Friday, May 30, 2008

Zooma Annapolis 10K

Can I just say how excited I am? Erin and I leave for Annapolis in the morning. I want to go see the Sex and the City movie, but from what I hear it is next to impossible to get tickets to see it right now. I hope we can catch a matinee before we meet my WW friends for dinner. I get to meet Donut, Ames, and Feenicks!

I got my race packet in the mail yesterday and the shirt is cool. Of course, I would like it better if it was sleeveless, but I still like it. Good quality. I wore it doing the Shred yesterday. I can't wait to see what kind of necklace we get at the finish line. I hope it is not craptastic.

I am looking forward to the Expo afterward also. I don't know about free wine and champagne at 0800 in the morning, though. That could make for a long day. Must. Be. Good.

I have that nervous, anxious, "Can I do this?" feeling in the pit of my stomach that comes with every race. I look forward to the last 3 miles of it. The first 3 miles always steam my broccoli. I am not looking forward to that part.

I always ask myself, "Why am I doing this?" right before I start running. I have to remember to go slow and steady. Slow and steady wins the race. I am not competing with anyone. I am doing this to prove to myself that I can do it.

I think this will be my last race for the rest of the summer. I pass out so easy just standing in the heat. I don't think I need to run in it. I'll be a Fall, Winter, and Spring runner.

By Fall I hope to be even better at running. I'm doing good. A "short" run for me anymore is 3 miles. When I want to bump it up a notch I do 4. I think that is pretty good for someone that used to not be able to run a mile without whimpering like a little bitch.

Eh. I gotta do paperwork today. Then pay bills. Then clean the house. Then finish the laundry. Then pack. Then make sure I'm ready to go in the morning. So. Yeah. Guess I better go do all of that.

6 comments:

Amy said...

I'm feeling a little nervous too. I read that it's flat with some rolling hills. Some peeps idea of flat is not always mine. I hope I don't die.

Anonymous said...

You can do it, Jen. The adrenaline on race day is such a high, plus you have the wewa peeps, you'll be at the end before you know it!

Carly said...

Good luck this weekend!

Hope said...

Good luck Jen! Enjoy Annapolis and wave at my inlaws!

Anonymous said...

Good luck with your race. I'm jealous you get to meet the Donut!

Jen said...

Good luck, you guys!